A Matrix Configurable Product (MCP) is similar to a Configurable Product. The difference is that MCP allows users to order multiple options of a configurable product in bulk by matrix grid view on the front end, which improves the shopping experience and accelerates the process of ordering. Also, MCP allows configuration of tier price for the entire group of products.
Creating a new Matrix Configurable Product (MCP)
Log in to Omnyfy Marketplace Backend. On the Admin sidebar, go to Products > Inventory > Catalog
2. The Catalog will open a list of all the products available. To create a new one, click the arrow icon to the right of Add Product and choose the Matrix Configurable Product option.
3. Choose the Attribute Set for the new Matrix Configurable Product.
4. Enter the Matrix Configurable Product information
Enable Product: Maintain the option Yes
Product Name: The name of the product
SKU: Accept the Default option entered or choose a new one
Price: Enter the price of the single product. The price of each variation will need to be changed after
Tax Class: Choose between Taxable Goods or None
Quantity: Enter a positive number. The inventory of the product will not be managed by using this field, but in Inventory management later
Stock Status: Choose In Stock
Change all the other necessary attributes available. Attributes may change depending on the attributes set
5. Assign a category for the product. Please note, when assigning a subcategory, all the parents categories need to be marked as well.
6. Open the Content tab.
Insert Long Description and Short Description. These descriptions will appear in the product page.
7. Open the Images and Videos Tab. The Images and Videos of MCP assigned here will represent only the main product. For the variations, you can add the images on step 12.
Click "Browse to find" and select one image for the product. You can insert as many as needed.
Click Add Video to insert a video for the product. Enter the information needed (URL, Title, Description, Preview Image and assign the role of the video). When complete, click Save to add the video.
8. Open the following tabs ONLY if you need to change a specific Default value:
Request for Quote: Enable to allow RFQ
Scheduled Re-purchase: Enable to allow re-purchase
Enable Enquiry: Enable to allow enquiries about the product
Search Engine Optimization: Insert URL Key, Meta title, Meta Keywords, Meta Description if you want to change the default configuration
Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells: Insert products related to the new product to appear in the marketplace
Design: Maintain the default
Schedule Design Update: Maintain the default
Gift Options: Enable to allow Gift Messages
PushAssist Notification: Maintain the default
RMA: Enable to allow product return
9. Add configurations for Matrix Configurable Products. This is the step where the variations of the product will be defined. Expand Configurations to define this.
10. Select the checkbox of each attribute that you want to include in the variations. Example: format and license term
This list shows all the attributes created. To create a new attribute, click Create New Attribute and complete the information. When finished, save and the attribute will be available on the list.
After selecting all the attributes, click Next (upper-right corner)
11. Define the attributes values
For each attribute selected, define the values accepted for this product.
The number of options selected will determine the number of variations.
12. In this section you will determine what you want to do for Images, Price and Quantity for the variations you're creating. Each section has 3 options:
Apply single set of images, price, quantity to all SKUs - for when the value of each variation is the same
Apply unique images, price, quantity to each SKU - for when the value of each variation is unique
Skip - to input these values at another time
Once you've chosen your options for each section, click Next.
13. Check the variation created
If the options are correct, click Next. If there are any corrections needed, click Back.
The options will appear on the main screen, and any updates can be done using this new table.
14. Configure the variations and Determine the Tier Price
Insert the Quantity and Weight of each variation on this step. If you do not add it now, you will need to configure one product at a time after.
Select one option as Tier Price (Column Tier Price). Remember that the Tier Price will be reflected to all the product variations (different SKUs), so you just need to determine the Tier Price once.
The variations will be available at the table.
To manage the Tier Price, click Name on the same product that has Tier Price checked. Please note, if you create the Tier Price on a different product than the one with Tier Price checked your Tier Price won't work.
The product page will open. Click Advanced Pricing to configure the Tier Price. If you don't need a Tier Price, you can skip this step.
Add the Tier Price options, selecting Website, Customer Group, and inputting the quantity and price for the Tier Price. You can add as many as needed.
After adding all the Tier Prices, click Done
Please note, the Tier Prices will be applied to all the variations when creating a MCP. You only need to follow these steps for the variation marked as Tier Price and the other variations will follow the same rules applied.
15. Open the Vendor Information Tab. Select the Vendor that will sell the product.
NOTE: The product must be added on Inventory (Manage Location) after saving. If the product is not added on Inventory, customers will not be able to buy it.
16. When complete, click Save.