A configurable product is a physical item with different options and variations, such as size and colour. Each variation represents a unique SKU inside the system, allowing inventory track.
Log in to Omnyfy Marketplace Backend. On the Admin sidebar, go to Products > Inventory > Catalog
2. The Catalog will open a list of all the products available. To create a new one, choose the Configurable Product option, near Add Product.
3. Choose the Attribute set for the new Configurable Product. Please note, the attribute set created need to contain the product variation options as an attribute, such as colour. Also, this attribute needs to be a DropdownVisual, SwatchText, or Swatch, to allow different variations.
4. Enter the Configurable Product information
Enable Product: Maintain the option Yes
Product Name: The name of the product
SKU: Accept the Default option entered or choose a new one
Price: Enter the price of the single product. The price of the variations will need to be changed after.
Tax Class: Choose between Taxable Goods or None
Quantity: Enter a positive number. The inventory of the product will not be managed by using this field, but in Inventory management later.
Stock Status: Choose In Stock
Change all the other necessary attributes available. Attributes may change depending on the attributes set.
5. Assign a category for the product. Please note, when assigning a subcategory, all the parents categories need to be marked as well.
6. Open the Content tab.
Insert Long Description and Short Description. These descriptions will appear in the product page.
7. Open the Images and Videos Tab. The Images and Videos of configurable product assigned here will represent only the main product. For the variations, you can add the images on step 12.
Click "Browse to find" and select one image for the product. You can insert as many as needed.
Click Add Video to insert a video for the product. Enter the information needed (URL, Title, Description, Preview Image and assign the role of the video). When complete, click Save to add the video.
8. Open the following tabs ONLY if you need to change a specific Default value:
Request for Quote: Enable to allow Request for Quote (RFQ)
Scheduled Re-purchase: Enable to allow re-purchase
Enable Enquiry: Enable to allow enquiries about the product
Search Engine Optimization: Insert URL Key, Meta title, Meta Keywords, Meta Description if you want to change the default configuration
Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells: Insert products related to the new product to appear in the marketplace
Design: Maintain the default
Schedule Design Update: Maintain the default
Gift Options: Enable to allow Gift Messages
PushAssist Notification: Maintain the default
RMA: Enable to allow product return
9. Add configurations for Configurable Products. This is the step where the variations of the product will be defined. Expand Configurations to define this.
10. Select the checkbox of each attribute that you want to include in the variations. Example: size
This list shows all the attributes created. To create a new attribute, click Create New Attribute and complete the information. When finished, save and the attribute will be available on the list.
After selecting all the attributes, click Next (upper-right corner)
11. Define the attributes values
For each attribute selected, define the values accepted for this product.
The number of options selected will determine the number of variations.
12. If you want to set one image to each variation (different colours, for example), click "Apply unique images by attribute to each SKU". The same applies to Price and Quantity. If you want to change this configuration later, click Next.
13. Check the variation created.
If the options are correct, click Next.
If there are any corrections needed, click Back.
The options will appear on the main screen, and any updates can be done using this new table.
NOTE: Enter the Quantity and Weight of each product variation on this step.
14. OPTIONAL (If not needed, go to 15) - Determine the Tier Price
Please note, the tier price on Configurable Product will only be applied to one variation at a time. If the Tier Price needs to be applied to the whole selection of variations of products, you need to create a Matrix Configurable Product.
After saving the product with the configurations, the table will present a hyperlink for each variation. Choose the variation that you want to define Tier Price and click Name
The product page will open. Click Advanced Pricing.
Add the Tier Price options, selecting Website, Customer Group, and informing the quantity and price for the Tier Price. You can add as many as needed.
After adding all the Tier Prices, click Done
Please note, you will need to create one Tier Price per variation. The tier price will only be available for this selection (SKU).
15. Open the Vendor Information Tab. Select the Vendor that will sell the product.
NOTE: The product must be added on Inventory (Manage Location) after saving. If the product is not added on Inventory, customers will not be able to buy it.
16. When complete, click Save.